Philemon 1:6 KJV (Empahsis mine)
“That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the ACKNOWLEDGING of EVERY GOOD THING which is IN you IN Christ Jesus.”
Once you come to the LORD Jesus to be saved, you are, henceforth, legally one with Him, the acknowledging of which brings you into your rest in God and gives you unrestricted access to ALL that Christ died to accomplish in your life. This “ALL” is called inheritance (Acts 20:32, Ephesians 1:11, 18) in the Scriptures, which we can call benefits of redemption and privileges of salvation in today’s language. These are things that are legally yours and when you believe it, it becomes your experience.
1. You are dead to sin and self. 1 Peter 2:24
2. You are alive to God. Romans 6:11
3. You have lost confidence in self. Philippians 3:3
4. You have the faith of Jesus. Galatians 2:16, 20; 3:22
5. You cannot sin. 1 John 3:5, 6, 9
6. You are above law. Romans 6:14, Matthew 5:17, 21-22, 27-28
The standard of grace is actually higher than the law.
7. You are the Righteousness of God in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21
8. You are Christ conscious, not sin conscious. Colossians 3:1-3
9. You are seated together with Christ in the heavenlies. Ephesians 2:6
10. You are in the New Covenant. Hebrews 12:22-24
These are all yours on the objective side of things. When you believe, it will literally fill up your experience on the subjective side.
If you will experience the full transformation of the New Creation in Christ, you must forsake your own ideas of being and doing right; and then cling to Christ alone. In the new life, self must be dismissed, despised and rejected so that Christ will be all in all.
“For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” (Romans 10:11 KJV) You cannot be ashamed if you believe. All has been achieved by God, in Christ. Your faith disgraces your flesh and honours God. Those who kept the law could not achieve these; like Paul, they had to repudiate their self-achieved righteousness, in order to be accepted by God.
My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
all other ground is sinking sand,
all other ground is sinking sand.
This is God’s work, not man’s. Your only access to it is by faith. Nothing to struggle to do. He only seeks to work it out in you “…both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13). Be not afraid, only believe (Mark 5:36).
Picture credits: Antioch Community Church, Pinterest